Thursday 29 January 2015

Beyond the "Fringe Archaeology" — part eleven: programming the brain

Neuronal activity
Many years ago, a friend gave me a book about how to program the brain. I still have it somewhere, and when it next shows up I will note the citation on this post. The general idea is that repetitive thoughts can set up strong neural pathways to speed up the process and that our lives are more influenced by these frequent considerations than we might believe.

The key to programming the brain is in the establishment of a new reality. It is not enough to think "I will be successful at...", the thought should be "I am successful at..." because if your brain knows that something will happen then it can be happy with that idea set up for some non-specific future. If the conscious mind believes that something is, then the unconscious will attempt to compensate if realities do not go along with that consideration. The idea is to repeat the "wish" statement about a hundred times a day until it becomes a reality. Remember, though, that you cannot completely fool yourself. You can say "I am a billionaire" a hundred times a day for the rest of your life and it is highly unlikely that it will ever happen. You really just cannot believe such a thing. If, however, you say "I always have more than I need", the brain can more easily accept that as a potential reality and your unconscious will be working to make that a reality. I was explaining all of this to a friend years ago. We were meeting up to talk about Celtic stuff over dinner one night and had picked a restaurant that was just a bit on the pricy side. As it was my turn to pay, she was concerned about the expense, so I said "I always have more than I need", and explained about the process described in that book while we were having a drink and waiting for our food order to arrive. As the food seemed to be taking a long while, we ordered another drink and I asked the server to check on our order. She came back to the table, red-faced, saying that the order had been misplaced, but that she had put it in again and because of the delay, our dinner would be on the house that evening. My friend was amazed that reality had just confirmed what I was talking about.

You do have to be careful about previous considerations, though. If you hold the belief that good events in your life must be balanced with bad events (a common consideration), and then decide to change your reality by repeating something like "more good things are happening to me", then you unconscious might just try to gain more bad events to balance up the good events. You might not notice the uneven sidewalk and trip, or perhaps you will become careless and lose your keys. Your mind believes that more good is happening but your belief system overrides all of that to maintain the balance. Faith is a powerful thing. Similarly, you cannot create a reality that goes against your pre-existing morals and ethics as these will always have more built-up "energy".

If you have faith in a particular theoretical model of the past, then what you discover through your research will tend to confirm that theory. Simply put, you will notice what confirms your thoughts far more easily than what does not and you might even make very silly mistakes to create that "reality". I've done it, myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment